We invite theoretical interventions that re-imagine academic scholarship in a range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields.
Please send the manuscript to Anita Walia Harris, Managing Editor, at email@example.com, considering the following guidelines:
- MLA (Modern Languages Association) documentation style.
- MS Word (no PDF)
- Short abstract on the first page of the document (100 words max.)
- Images in full resolution
- Academic article length is usually between 7,000 and 8,000 words. Please edit longer articles so the argument comes forward succinctly.
- Hybrid pieces length will be considered on an individual basis.
- Our review process can take up to six months.
SubStance seeks to publish original work, which should not be under consideration at another journal.
Please note that articles written in French will be considered for review, but need to be translated to English should they be accepted.
Translations of work published in a language other than English will be published if they make important contributions to fields of interest of the journal.
All submitted articles are subject to peer review by our editors.
For Book reviews and requests, please contact our Book Reviews Editor, Rosemarie Scullion, at firstname.lastname@example.org